Pepper Spray Safety Tips
All of these pepper spary security tips in this section were compiled from the National Crime Prevention Council (NCPC).
- Wherever you are stay alert and tuned into your surroundings and always carry a self defense item such as, pepper spray or a personal alert alarm.
- Send the message that you're calm, confident and know where you are going.
- Trust your instincts. If something or someone makes you uneasy, avoid the person or leave.
- Know the neighborhoods where you live, check out the locations of police and fire stations, public phones etc.
- Stick to well traveled streets. Avoid shortcuts through wooded areas, parking lots, or alleys.
- Don't flash money or expensive jewelry.
- Carry a purse close to your body, put a wallet in an inside coat or front pants pocket.
- Use teller machines in the daytime. Don't approach the machine if you are uneasy about a person nearby.
- Have your keys in hand before you reach the door.
- If you think someone is following you, switch directions, walk toward an open store or restaurant. If you are scared yell for help.
- Have to work late? Ask someone to walk you to your car like a colleague or security guard.
In your vehicle:
- Keep your car in good running condition. Make sure you have enough gas to get where you are going and back.
- Always roll up the windows and lock car doors, even if you're coming right back. Check inside and outside before getting in.
- Avoid parking in isolated areas. Be especially alert in underground parking lots.
- Don't pick up hitchhikers. Don't hitchhike.
- If you think someone is following you don't go home. Drive to the nearest police station, fire station, gas station etc.
Walkers and Joggers:
- Always tell someone where you are going and when you will return.
- Always carry a driver's license/identification card.
- Don't wear jewelry or carry cash.
- Wear reflective material.
- Stay alert at all times.
- Run or walk with a partner or a dog.
- Don't wear headsets.
- Carry a wireless phone.
- Vary your route.
- Walk against traffic so you can observe approaching vehicles.
Would you like to buy some protection now and get the hottest pepper sprays available? As promised if you sign up for our newsletter first you will receive a code to save 10% off your purchase!